Senior Finance Business Partner
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Business Partner in the UKAEA Finance and Business Team. This is a great opportunity to work with unique and cutting edge multi-million pound government sponsored programme leading the way to a clean energy future.
The Finance team actively identifies, supports and helps deliver on opportunities and initiatives that ensure the UKAEA achieves its strategic and financial goals. Working in a growing and inclusive team, you will have a strong financial awareness and must have experience of an ERP account system.
We are seeking a business-minded individual- a commercially focussed professional to successfully managing opportunities and risk. As a Senior Finance Business Partner, you will have a proven capability to work together cooperatively, demonstrating a “can do” approach. You will be taking ownership of work and delivering against commitments, and will show passion for the role: nurturing excellence, being positive to new challenges and ways of working. The Senior Finance Business Partner will have a genuine desire to get involved and play a leading role, and display not only confidence when faced with a challenge, but also negotiation and influence skills.
What will you be responsible for?
This role will be business-facing, and supporting the innovation and development of certain areas of the organisation, providing financial support, challenges and guidance to business unit and project managers. Amongst other activities the role will cover planning and analysis, reporting and costing support.
- Overall delivery – working together cooperatively, and demonstrating a “can do” approach
- Aiding in the delivery of their objectives as a Key Finance Partner to a business unit/area
- Owning the month-end process and other reporting activities including annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Reviewing and analysing performance, producing reports and commentary
- Providing financial leadership and coaching to wider project team members as required
- Effectively leading and managing a small finance team any direct finance reports including mentoring, training, supervision and performance reviews
- Acting as key point of contact for programme audits and ensuring all audit requirements are met
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or qualified by experience
- Experience working closely with senior business managers and teams in a "business partner" capacity
- Highly proficient in Excel ( Pivot tables, lookups, Sumif formulas, etc.)
- Experience of audits of major contracts or grants
- Ability to manage a multi-funding environment and associated financial reporting
Desirable skills, experience and competence
- Experience of an ERP Accouning system. Experience of using Unit 4 (Aggresso)
- Balance sheet review / reconciliation experience
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 08/09/2022 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.