TMS Process Leader
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
The Central Engineering department is looking for a TMS (Technical Management Support) Hub Leader to join their team and provide administrative support to the Technical control system. As a Technical Management support, you will guide users through the process whilst providing training and performing administrative tasks to enable the process.
You will also work on multiple and complex projects supporting different lead engineers to make sure that the system is supported effectively.
You will need to take ownership of the responsibilities and ability to clearly follow process and you are driven to develop ways of improving processes.
To be successful in this role you will need have obtain an HND/ Apprentice in science or engineering discipline.
There is also an opportunity for some LM experience.
What you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Technical Change Process is adhered to.
- Providing clear guidance on how to use the process, providing training on the system.
- Organisation and administration of the review meetings.
- Maintaining and reporting KPI’s.
- Approving of Quality 3 and 4 TAR’s.
Essential Criteria & Skills:
- HND/Apprentice or equivalent in Scientific or Engineering related discipline.
- IT literate, fluent in Microsoft Office, with significant experience in Excel.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational skills and able to work autonomously.
- Experience of working in a highly technical environment and working with technical procedures.
- Experience of change management processes.
Desirable Criteria & Skills:
- Experience of quality management (eg ISO9001).
- Experience of purchasing systems.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 23/02/2023 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.