Technical Coordinator – 2 Year FTA
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
UKAEA is seeking two enthusiastic and self-organised Technical Coordinators with a broad range of administrative and disciplined skills to join us on a 2-year FTA.
As a Technical Coordinator, you would be working within the H3AT Department; H3AT (Hydrogen-3 Advanced Technology) is a world-first Tritium Research Centre. We are pioneering the fuels that will supply future fusion reactors.
Within our dynamic team, the Technical Coordinator role will assist the UK effort to apply novel technologies to all our challenging activities and in the advancement of industrial collaboration. You will be expected to carry out activities with minimal supervision and undertake tasks associated to support the delivery of all activities of the entire group.
What will you be responsible for?
- Holding post as local information manager (LIM) for the assigned project
- Taking accountability for the creation and management of key documentation for the project, project controlled database, the project changes/deviation database and the NCR
- Supporting the Group Leaders, PMs and engineers with the many technical and co-ordination duties involved with a project
- Ensuring that project or task-relevant procedures are followed and proactively work with these procedures
- Administering project Controlled Documents
- Acting as a requisitioner for the groups: Technical Secretary duties including organising technical meeting, taking minutes and actioning the follow-up
- Producing technical reports, specifications, tender documentation, manipulating technical data using Microsoft Excel
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- IT literacy, fluency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Access and SharePoint
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and influencing skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to adapt to and work within a variety of situations
- Professional approach to business needs
- Ability to work autonomously, with initiative and minimum supervision
- Proven ability to work in multiple-discipline teams i.e Business, Science or Engineering related discipline
Desirable skills, experience and competence
- A Scientific, Technological or Engineering related discipline
- Experience working in an high tech environment
- Project Management experience with experience of managing the interfaces for technical projects
- Experience of quality management or systems, and purchasing systems
- Commercial awareness
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 31/08/2022 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.