Project Delivery Group Leader – H3AT – Permanent
Overview of Responsibilities
The H3AT Project Delivery Group provide technical leadership on the best practise for delivering and monitoring projects within H3AT. These projects will be managed and delivered to a predefined level of quality and with the appropriate level of visibility and governance.
The Group Leader provides leadership and strategy, as well as enable research and development, and project sponsorship. This will involve engaging with internal stakeholders, academia, and national and international industries.
- Ensuring that staff safety, health and welfare are maintained and adhered to in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Actively promote UKAEA’s values, championing a culture of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Responsible for engaging with senior division leaders and programmatical/portfolio leaders to identify and deliver strategic initiatives, thereby helping the H3AT to move forwards in terms of delivery and growth.
- Effective and timely management of staff, including, but not limited to: setting resource allocation and recruitment requirements, knowledge transfer, welfare, setting measurable objectives and performance management, absence management, professional development, and coaching.
- Ensuring suitably qualified and experienced staff are in place to meet both current and future organisational needs as per UKAEA standards, ensuring management systems and relevant regulations are appropriate and adhered to.
- Effective proactive communication, liaising with sponsors, technical leads, and central support functions to ensure efficient interface management, with clear visibility of progress.
- Providing project leadership to deliver high-value projects, also managing the escalation and formal project controls of critical information about scheduling, budget, resource profiles and risk management for projects managed by the team.
- Identifying commercial opportunities for innovation and collaboration aligned with the divisional strategy, and support obtaining funding.
- Representing and promoting H3AT’s innovative offerings and technical specialisms both internally and externally at high-profile events.
Work in accordance with UKAEA policy and undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties requested by your manager.
- Professional Project Management qualification
- A degree in a relevant STEM or business subject or relevant experience
- Experience working on major projects as a project lead.
- Experience line managing and coaching technical individuals.
- Experience in building and leading large and diverse technical teams.
- Mentoring engineers and scientists.
- Experience in strategy and planning.
- Passion for ensuring good project management practices and culture
- Desirable that the job holder has Chartered accreditation (or demonstrably skills and experience at an equivalent level)
- Commercial awareness and evidence of delivering innovative solutions.
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme (up to 7% for Levels 1 - 7, as well as 3rd and 4th year apprentices) and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.