Overview of Responsibilities
Are you a procurement professional looking to take your career to the next level? UKAEA is currently seeking a Procurement Manager to support our Strategic Procurement Managers and Business Partners in delivering a first-class procurement service. As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for leading procurement activities on large projects, providing procurement and commercial advice to stakeholders, and supporting the development of junior staff through mentoring and guidance.
In this role, you will be working with RACE (Remote Applications in Challenging Environments) procuring goods and services to support our activities in the field of Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS). Your key duties will include leading procurement activities on large projects, providing procurement and commercial advice to stakeholders, and supporting stakeholders on contractual and commercial issues for live contracts. If you are a dedicated and experienced procurement professional looking to make a real impact in a dynamic and exciting organization, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity today.
What will you be responsible for?
- Leading procurement activities on large projects
- Providing procurement / commercial advise to stakeholders for your assigned area
- Effective management of both internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting stake holders on contractual / commercial issues for live contracts
- Supporting the development of junior members of staff through mentoring and giving advice.
- Contributing to continuous improvement in relation to procurement
- Contributing to and supporting implementation of procurement strategies.
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Managing activities across the complete Procurement lifecycle.
- Effective use of contracts to manage / mitigate procurement risk.
- Managing a diverse set of stakeholders both technical and non-technical
- Awareness of Public Contracts Regulation (PCR 2015)
- MCIPS or studying towards at Level 5 Advanced Diploma or L6 Professional Diploma
Desirable skills, experience and competence
- Public Sector Procurement experience across multiple procurement procedures (e.g. Frameworks, Open, Restricted, Negotiated, etc.)
- Experience of procuring both goods and services across multiple categories.
- Using Microsoft applications to effectively support procurement activities (e.g. Word , Excel,)
- Use of electronic tendering applications
- Knowledge of NEC contracts
- MCIPS qualified
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 28/02/2022 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.