UKAEA Procurement and Supply Chain Summer Placement 2023
Overview of Responsibilities
We offer excellent opportunities for motivated and enthusiastic undergraduate students studying at UK Universities to join our 8-12 week summer placement scheme. Our scheme gives you a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of one of the most advanced sources of sustainable and clean energy. During your summer programme, you will experience a broad range of diverse tasks, work on real projects, and gain invaluable experience within the fusion energy sector.
We need you to help us develop the ultimate source of electricity!
Our summer scheme is designed for students entering their final year of studies (September 2023) with potential opportunities post-graduation, and other year groups.
Please note that the placement start date is the 26th of June 2023.
UKAEA offers a nurturing and supportive community for you to gain some valuable work experience in a fascinating and rapidly evolving industry.
UKAEA is committed to supporting all members of our community, especially with respect to mental health awareness and promoting well-being. Our qualified Mental Health First Aiders are trained to provide guidance and ensure the highest levels of confidentiality.
What will the summer scheme cover?
Working in a team of 40, your key areas of activity will include:
- Working within the Procurement and Supply Chain team supporting projects and programmes to achieve milestones and objectives.
- Supporting on tendering and contract award exercises along with contract management capability awareness.
- Working closely with internal colleagues and stakeholders as well as external suppliers.
- Analysing data and producing reports on procurement and supply chain activity and performance.
- Supporting projects and programmes on procurement and supply chain activities.
- Gain understanding and knowledge of Procurement in the Public Sector and the regulatory and legal requirements this entails.
To be considered you will need to be working towards a relevant degree from within the specialism listed and will be required to have the right to work in the UK.
What we offer
- A competitive salary.
- A culture committed to being fully inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors.
- Dedicated Early Careers events and group networking opportunities.
- Being part of the Early Careers community at UKAEA.
- Support with homeworking resources as required.
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. The Executive team with support from our EDI ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success. We are easily accessible by car and are a 10-minute walk from Culham Railway Station in Oxfordshire.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on Friday, the 6th of January 2023. We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received, so please apply now!
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.