Management Accountant/ Finance Business Partner
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
As a Finance Business Partner within a major programme or central team, you will provide a key role in supporting the delivery of business objectives. You’ll provide planning and analysis, accounting, reporting and costing support to inform decision making and drive financial performance.
Whether providing financial input into a new business case or closing the monthly accounts, accuracy, timeliness, collaboration and understanding of performance are essential.
The finance team is a large team with many diverse skillsets – we are committed to developing our team members from apprentices upwards.
Main purpose of the role:
- Provide planning, analysis, reporting and costing support to enable Project Managers to make informed decisions
- Prepare reports and variance analysis
- Build productive relationships with Project Managers and Senior Managers, and work with them to produce comprehensive budgets, forecasts and strategic plans
- Produce formal financial reports for Grants/Contracts, and liaise with auditors to ensure work completed is paid for
- Complete period end actions, ensuring that all journal actions have supporting documentation, are accurate and comply with UKAEA policy
- Work with the Capital Accountant to report accurately on Capital projects
Essential Criteria and Qualifications:
- Experience in a management accountant or finance business partner role
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Experience of working closely with business teams in a business partner capacity
- Experience of an ERP accounting system
- At least part-qualified, qualified by experience, or working towards a qualification. in a relevant professional accounting body
Desirable Criteria and Qualifications:
- Have an appreciation of multi-funding control requirements
- Experience of project costing and forecasting
- Understand the principles of revenue recognition
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 15/10/2022 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.