H3AT Technical Coordinator
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a self-organised and enthusiastic Technical Coordinator to join our dynamic team within H3AT department. You will work with minimal supervision supporting the delivery of all activities of the entire group and you’ll be the local information manager (LIM) for the assigned project.
As a Technical Coordinator you’ll provide technical administration and coordination duties to teams and projects in the development of process systems required for the next generation of power stations. To ensure that project or task-relevant procedures are followed you will proactively work with these procedures, to administer project Controlled Documents.
If you are keen to adapt to and work within a variety of situations and you are able to work autonomously, with initiative and minimum supervision with professional approach to business needs, then we would like to hear from you.
What will you be responsible for?
- Accountable for the creation and management of key documentation for the project
- Accountable for the project controlled database, the project changes/deviation database and the NCR
- Create and maintain databases and trackers
- Support the Project Manager with change management
- Support the Group Leaders, PMs and engineers with the many technical and co-ordination duties involved with a project.
- Ensure that project or task-relevant procedures are followed and proactively work with these procedures.
- Administer project Controlled Documents
- Produce technical reports, specifications, tender documentation and be able to manipulate technical data using Microsoft Excel
- Organise technical meetings, taking minutes and action follow up
Essential Skills and experience:
- HNC/Apprentice or equivalent in Business, Science or Engineering related discipline
- IT literate, fluent in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Access and SharePoint
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, networking and influencing skills as well as planning and organisational skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Project Management experience with experience of managing the interfaces for technical projects
- Experience of quality management or systems
- Experience of purchasing systems
- Commercial awareness
What we offer:
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 20/10/2022 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.