Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
The finance team is a large team with many diverse skillsets – we are committed to developing our team members from apprentices upwards. Key behaviours for this role are team working, time management, and excellent communication skills.
What will you be responsible for?
- Assisting finance staff, and other stakeholders with queries, including timesheet, purchasing, project structure and general finance queries
- Assisting with financial processes, including posting journals, raising sales orders, preparing reports, maintaining project structures
- Providing support and guidance to our finance apprentices
- Assisting with testing of updates/upgrades and changes to our ERP system
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Experience working within an accountancy environment
- Strong time management skills including the ability to prioritise the workload
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team player & under their own initiative
- Proficient in Excel (advanced – pivot tables, vlookups etc.)
- Ability to handle and manipulate numeric data accurately to produce reports
Desirable skills, experience and competence
- Part-qualified, or working towards a recognised accounting qualification e.g. AAT, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA
- Experience of U4BW or ERP system
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 19/02/2022 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.