Estates Records Technical Officer
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
Technical accuracy and experience i n developing and implementing new systems.
What will you be responsible for?
- Documents are accurate and checked before incorporation onto the system; these documents being critical technical inputs which relate to the Fire systems, Water (Legionella), asbestos and other services involving statutory compliance objectives.
- Develop new information structures to suit and enhance the Employer’s Information Requirements.
- Direct that support and general information management activities are prioritised and carried out in a timely manner.
- Lead development of the 3D site-wide modelling data and environment.
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Good basic level of education and good IT skills (Word and Excel in particular) including databases.
- Diploma level in software support / PC technician skills experience required.
- Ability to work accurately within AutoCad / Revit / 3D Point Cloud.
- Good organisation skills to ensure that their workload is appropriately prioritised, and tasks completed on time.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and be able to work as part of a team and have the ability to interact with a wide range of personnel both internal and external.
- Must have good writing skills and an ability to listen carefully and take down an accurate record of what is said.
- Must have an acute attention to detail for checking through drawings and records.
- Must have the ability to problem solve problems, particularly in relation to data management packages.
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.