Employee Engagement Manager
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
In this new role as Employee Engagement Manager you will work with networks and key stakeholders to develop the purpose for employee engagement, create the framework for data collection and analysis and bring together the actions on one plan. You will need to be analytical and experienced in designing data collection sets and drawing out trends. You’ll also be experienced and confident in delivering presentations that contain data and narrative, some of which may be complex.
What will you be responsible for?
You will lead an Employee Engagement framework so that UKAEA has an understanding of the employee experience, what they value about working at UKAEA and what keeps them motivated. Your role will focus on all aspects of the employee lifecycle, from recruitment, onboarding through to exit including key business activities such as EDI, wellbeing and Learning and Development. Capturing engagement data will develop a robust evidence base which will inform the design of people related activities and frameworks.
Job based at Culham but will be expected to undertake occasional travel to other sites.
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Professional registration with an accredited body (OD Certificate, CIPD Level 5, Kirkpatrick Evaluation Model), or equivalent demonstrable vocational experience.
- Understanding of how the introduction of OD tools and activities support employee engagement.
- Senior level employee engagement experience, preferably in a highly unionised environment.
- Evidence of designing and delivering a range of different employee engagement activities.
- Highly analytical and experienced in preparing data and reports. Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced and confident in delivering presentations that contain data and narrative, some of which may be complex.
- Demonstrable track record of managing competing priorities effectively, working to challenging deadlines and using sound judgement to manage situations.
- Experience of working collaboratively with Trades Unions.
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 14/12/2022 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.