Electrical Inspection & Test Engineer – Team Leader
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Electrical Inspection Team Leader to join the Electrical Engineering department. You will be reporting to the Delivery and Maintenance Section Leader, whilst managing a team of electrical technicians to deliver electrical inspection and testing as a service for UKAEA. Part of your role as a team leader will be overseeing, and planning the installation requirements of jobs, and acting as the technical lead on installation matters. You will also ensure all work complies with current legislation, UK codes of practice, and UKAEA policy and advise customers on the correct design of electrical equipment to be compliant. This role supports all aspects of UKAEA activities on the Culham Site, JET, MAST, RACE, MRF, MDF.
What will you be responsible for?
- Ensuring all work complies with current legislation and UK codes of practice
- Leading the programme of inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Advising customers on the correct design of electrical equipment to be compliant
- Preparation of engineering procedures, risk assessments, method statements and local rules in support of the team’s requirements
- Ensuring that the training and competencies of the inspection and testing team are kept up to date
- Knowledge and experience in C&G 2391 in electrical inspection and testing and an HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of BS EN 60204-1, BS EN 61010-1, Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations 2016 and Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Experience of preparing safety documentation including risk assessments, method statements and using a formal permit system for work on complex, hazardous electrical plant
- Knowledge of issuing electrical isolations on Low Voltage systems
- Experience of managing a team
- C&G 2391 in electrical inspection and testing
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, or a lower qualification where there is evidence of greater experience
- Experience in both single phase and 3-phase electrical testing
- Knowledge of 3-phase distribution networks, LV control systems and cubicle distribution
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 09/12/2022. We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.