Overview of Responsibilities
Who we are looking for:
We have a vacancy for an Assurance Specialist to join us on a permanent basis. This role is in the Risk and Assurance Department which provides independent and objective advice on all assurance matters. The role is an opportunity to implement the assurance strategy across the business driving continuous improvement
You will support the implementation of the Assurance Strategy and associated assurance framework, driving the business in the development and promotion of a proactive culture for assurance.
Collaborating with stakeholders across the organisation, working alongside them to integrate planned assurance activities you will act as the key assurance interface for divisions and projects or programmes in embedding assurance across the organisation in line with the 3 lines of defence model and develop the assurance process and procedures to integrate across the business for ensuring robust assurance
Your Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and evaluating management controls and review processes. Enabling the business and its management to continually improve performance in relation to Assurance matters
- Support projects, programmes and divisions in ensuring appropriate levels of assurance for the complexity of the work is in place.
- Champion delivery of the assurance strategy strengthening the three lines of defence model across the company and in ensuring that assurance is appropriate for each line of defence
- Champion cultural change, providing guidance/support on interventions and tools and act as a role model, utilising best practice and implement new ways of working to drive efficiency where appropriate
- Develop guidance and associated procedures to enable fully integrated assurance planning. Conducting evaluation of existing assurance guidance for each Line of defence and integrating assurance processes with the corporate assurance framework
- Leads the timely and accurate reporting of integrated assurance plans and milestones to support project, programme or divisional level assurance activities.
- Act as assurance representative on various Programme and Project Boards providing a balance of challenge and support
- Act as the key assurance interface for divisions and projects or programmes in embedding assurance across the Authority in line with the 3 lines of defence model
Please note that:
Role may be undertaken from Yorkshire or Culham.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level, or the equivalent/demonstrable equivalent experience
- Experience of managing audits in a research or engineering environment
- Knowledge of ISO standards and the requirements necessary to maintain certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills to enable effective working relationships to be developed with people in a wide range of roles and levels of responsibility
- Excellent IT skills, including good knowledge of Office 365 and the office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Have strong writing skills and be able to communicate key messages clearly and succinctly to senior leaders, utilising a range of communication methods
- Working knowledge of assurance processes, frameworks and embedding the three lines of defence model
- Ability to create effective working relationships and win-win outcomes with a wide range of stakeholders, who might have different priorities or agendas
- Management systems certification
- Lead auditor trained
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 12/01/2023 . We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.