Assistant Procurement Manager
Overview of Responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
We have an excellent opportunity for a Assistant Procurement Manager to join UKAEA and deliver procurement and contract management support across the organisation. You will be providing advice, guidance and completion of projects and complex tenders for the growing R&D portfolio within UKAEA. The majority of contracts will be for the Fusions Industry Programme (FIP). This will include familiarity of the Pre-Commercial Procurement process to procure a mix of Manufacture & Supply of Goods and Professional Services.
As part of this role, you will be involved in helping deliver the FIP objective of increasing UK private sector innovation in fusion technology to advance key technical challenges of fusion.
You will have experience or good understanding of Public Sector Procurement. If you are commercially astute and customer focused, then we would like to hear from you.
Main purpose of the role:
- Supporting the end-to-end process for all tender requirements under the Fusions Industry Programme.
- Ensuring all project deliverables and milestones are delivered in accordance with contracts under the Fusions Industry Programme
- Managing all commercial variations with the technical manager as necessary through the lifecycle of the contracts.
- Holding frequent meetings with suppliers under contract to review performance against service level agreement, propose and monitor actions plans to maximise efficiencies and cost effectiveness
- Ensuring compliance with UK and European procurement directives, public sector procurement rules and BEIS Commercial Standards
- Keeping contract databases and record up to date in line with department standards
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- HNC/Apprentice or equivalent in Business, Finance, Project Management, Science or Engineering related discipline
- Experience or good understanding of Public Sector Procurement
- Be able to work autonomously, with initiative and minimal supervision
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
- MCIPS qualified or working towards
- A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories
- Pre-commercial procurement experience
- Commercial contract management experience
What we offer
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a vibrant culture committed to being fully inclusive, an Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, Flexible working options including family friendly policies, Emergency paid leave, Generous annual leave allowance (30.5 days) increased with length of service, wide range of career development opportunities, outstanding defined benefit pension scheme; Corporate bonus scheme and a Relocation allowance (if eligible).
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities and women. The Executive team with support from our ‘Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) Partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
Note for applicants who are applying for employment with UKAEA either from outside the United Kingdom or who have spent time outside the United Kingdom in the last five years. Please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants . If the country you are resident in or have resided in is not listed on this website or that the UK Government is not aware of how to obtain a criminal records check from that state then we are unable to process your application.